- 4 tbsp Yoghurt
- Blend two chopped onions, garlic and ginger in a blender and add a little water.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add remaining onion and fry till it becomes pale golden in colour. Add peppercorns, cardamoms, cloves, salt and cubed lamb. Fry for 8 minutes to a rich brown colour.
- Add the blended onion mixture and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add yoghurt, chilli and coriander.
- Fry the mixture until it separates. Add water and mix well. Cover with a lid and simmer for one hour until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve sprinkled with coriander leaves (optional).
Serve with roti, naan or rice.