- 1x medium to large broccoli. Or 2 med broccoli
- 3 tbs dried currants or cranberries
- 1 clove garlic- crushed or grated
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup slivered almonds (lightly toasted in a fry pan for 2-3 mins)
- 1x 180g pack of Riverina Dairy Basil Infused Fetta – crumbled
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh coriander (optional)
Broccoli Salad with Basil Infused Fetta, Almonds & Currants
- Put the currants in a small bowl, add enough hot water to cover, let sit until softened, about 10 min.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Tear off broccoli leaves and trim the bottoms of the stems. Cut into small florets, cut tender part of stalks into smaller pieces. Add both parts to boiling water until they’re tender – about 3 min. Drain spread it on a baking sheet to cool—it will continue to cook as it cools.
- Mix garlic, vinegar and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the currants. Whisk the oil into the vinegar mixture.
- Just before serving, combine the broccoli, currants, fetta, and half of the almonds in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss gently to combine. Taste and season with a pinch more salt if necessary. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the remaining almonds and coriander.