skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- 6 large corns, husks and silks removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tbps fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of Queso Fresco, crushed
- 1 lime, quartered (optional)
Mexican Street Corn
- Adjust oven rack to 5 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler. Brush the corn on all sides with the olive oil and transfer to a foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil the corn until well-browned on one side, about 10 minutes. Turn the corn over and broil until browned on the opposite side for another 10 minutes.
- While the corn broils, mix together the mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, chili powder and salt until uniform. Stir in the cheese and set aside.
- Remove the corn from the oven and brush the corn on all sides with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Return to the broiler and broil the coated corn until the cheese coating is warm and slightly brown on top, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the remaining mayonnaise mixture and lime wedges (optional).